My Preferred Review Request Format
- Book Title
- Publisher (traditional publishers, indie publishers, or self publishers)
- Publishing Date (backlist and upcoming releases)
- Cover Picture
- Page Count
- Word Count
- Official Synopsis
- Availability of Physical Copies and Electronic Copies (PDFs, ePubs, and MOBIs)
- Important: Why do you believe your book will be a great fit for me? Make this pitch as personal as possible.
- If possible, please attach a sample excerpt (preferably chapters 1 – 3 or first 20 pages)
It is highly encouraged to follow this format or at least mention all of these characteristics. This is especially for authors who are requesting for the first time with me.
Because I am a full-time high school student who is very busy with my classes, my extracurriculars, and the number of books I have to read, I am very selective with the books I accept for review. I will consider your book based on a) the number of books I have in my queue to review, b) my interest in your book and, c) availability of certain formats.
I prefer physical copies of ARCs and finished copies, but I do also accept e-ARCs and e-books. I am able to accept PDF and MOBI files (preference being MOBI). I also prefer if I would be able to keep the copy of the book.
All my reviews will be honest and will comply with FTC regulations and have a disclaimer. They will note whether your book was sent for review consideration or in exchange for a review. I may or may not include the author’s or publisher’s name in my disclaimer; that is at my discretion.
I will be happy to read your ARC or finished book and review it, but because of school and my busy schedule, it could take a while sometimes.
- If your novel is yet to release, I will do my best to get a review within 30 days before (usually the week or two before release) or the week of release.
- If your novel is for review consideration, it will take me longer to get to it. I aim for 2 to 3 months, but sometimes it won’t be until possibly a year later for me to read your novel. Sometimes, I lay it away to read later and get caught up with other requests. Sorry about that inconvenience.
- I prioritize books based on their release date.
I will post reviews on my blog and cross-post later on Goodreads, Twitter, and Facebook (I do not have an Amazon account).
- Young Adult & Middle Grade
- Historical Fiction
- Fantasy and Science Fiction
- Contemporary (includes Humor and Comedy)
- Catholic (fiction and nonfiction)
- Action, Suspense, Mystery, and Thriller
Genres I Will Consider:
- Christian fiction (depends on Catholic compatibility)
- Romance (must be clean or mostly clean)
Genres I Will Not Read:
- Erotica, or anything with heavy/explicit sexual content
- New Adult
- Anything that is anti-Catholic/anti-Christian or has any content that is derogatory or offensive to me, my faith, or God
- Anything that promotes themes that I disagree with
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a note in the contact form under Contact for more details. You can also message me through the Facebook page, Instagram page, or Twitter account.
Feel free to follow-up on any requests, but if I do not respond to your email, that means I have denied your request. I do not have the time to reply to every email I receive because of my busy schedule. I will only reply to those I am interested in working with.